Rules of Conduct
- Every student must on admission obtain an identity card, which will be supplied on payment from the Institute Office. The student must always carry the Identity card with its/her photograph affixed on the same and present it for Inspection when demanded. Students will not be allowed to attend classes, practical, demonstration and examinations without the identity card.
- All students are required to carry with them on person, the identity card which they are bound to produce on demand by the
- Watchman at the main gate to identify the students.
- Librarian at the time of issuing books.
- Cashier for identification at the time of payments.
- Enquiry clerk in the office for identification at the time of issuing Railway forms or handling any other enquiry regarding Identification of the student.
- Lecturers/Instructors in all theory and practical classes.
- Students must not attend classes other than their own without the permission of the lecturer concerned.
- RAGGING IS AN OFFENCE AND IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. STUDENTS INDULGING IN RAGGING IN OR OUTSIDE THE. INSTITUTE WILL BE EXPELLED.
- The students shall be in their respective classrooms before 9.00 a.m.
- Students are required to conform to the grooming standards of the institute such as appropriate clothing, correct uniform, etc.
- No Jeans/Denims/Casuals/T-Shirts or any informal clothing are permitted. Students to wear ties at all times.
- Students may be required to attend demonstrations or functions outside their normal Institute hours or outside Institute premises.
- The conduct of the students in the premises of the institute shall be such as will cause the least disturbance to the fellow students or to other classes. The Principal may expel a student whose work or conduct is not satisfactory and the entire fees paid shall be forfeited.
- Students must not loiter around the Institute premises while the classes are functioning.
- SMOKING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN THE INSTITUTE'S PREMISES.
- Students shall not do anything either inside or outside the Institute that will In any way interfere with Its orderly administration and discipline.
- No society shall be formed either in the Institute or in the Hostel and no person will be invited to address a meeting without the prior permission of the Principal.
- In Institution debates and other meetings, the chair must be taken by a responsible person approved by the Principal and the subject of debates must have the previous approval of the Principal.
- No student should communicate any Information to or write about matter dealing with the Institute administration to the press.
- Students are expected to take proper care of the Institute property and to help in keeping the premises neat and tidy. Any damage done to the property of the Institute by disfiguring walls, door fittings or breaking furniture, etc., is a breach of discipline and may lead to expulsion.
- All the enrolled students have to register their local addresses on the register maintained for the purpose.
- While at the time of admission, the parent/guardian should personally come and meet the Principal of the Institute as well as the counsellor and submit all the information provided in the prescribed form.
- No student should take up any work, privately without prior permission from the Institution. Working without permission will lead to disciplinary action.
- Misbehavior or misconduct either within or outside the Institute will be punished and ultimately may result in expulsion of the student from the Institute.
- Students are not allowed to leave the Institute campus, during working hours without permission of the authorized person.
- Damage caused to the Institute property will have to be paid by the concerned student or students of the concerned classrooms.
- Institute authorities will not be held liable for the safety and security of the students outside the Institute campus.
- The fee structure shall uniformly be applicable in case of General, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Physically Handicapped Categories. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Category can separately avail of Scholarships from their respective State Government based on full fees payment certificate that could be obtained from the Institute. Candidates can also avail of assistance from Government of India as announced from time to time.
- Withdrawal of admission will forfeit fees paid except for refund of Caution Money.
- Students will also purchase at their own cost books, lab uniforms and other accessories as per the directions of the Institute.
- Detained students can, at the discretion of the Principal, be re-admitted in the subsequent academic session as repeaters on payment of full fees. Students who fail in tile Annual Examination will have the option to appear in the subsequent Annual Examination either as regular students after paying full fees or as external student on payment of Examination Fees only.
- STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO GO FOR ANY PICNIC & ARE PROHIBITED FROM SWIMMING IN THE SEA, RIVER & LAKE.
- All students Mobiles to be switched to "Silent Mode" in college premises, any student mobile that "Rings" in college premises will be confiscated.
- Students must attend Theory classes, practical & Tutorials of the institute & must visit catering establishment, take part in indoor & outdoor parties arranged by the institute. Student must not be absent themselves from any Institutional Curricular & extra curricular activities without the prior permission from the Principal. Such absence may lead to loss of term, since to keep the term a student has to comply to the satisfaction of the Principal, the course of the study prescribed for the classes to which the students belongs.
- EACH STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE 75% ATTENDANCE OF THE TOTAL WORKING DAYS USING THE SAME ACADEMIC YEAR FAILING WHICH HE/SHE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM APPEARING FOR THE ANNUAL EXAMINATION. THEY SHOULD OBTAIN 70% ATTENDANCE IN EACH SUBJECT (THEORY & PRACTICALS). MEDICAL LEAVE SHOULD NOT EXCEED 10% OF THE TOTAL WORKING DAYS.
- The students should be regular & punctual in attendance in classes; laboratories, practical & tutorials in submission of the term work in various subjects. The students will not be certified for the Final Examination if he/she is absent for the mid-term examination, & if regularity, conduct & attendance are not satisfactory.
- Absence without permission is considered breach of discipline. Leave without permission is liable to fines. No leave will be granted without previous written application except in case of illness or emergency. Prior permission must be obtained from the Principal or Head of Department who will consider the application on individual merits.
- Absence due to ill health should be notified as soon as possible & the medical certificate shall be submitted within 10 days on return to the institution.
- NO STUDENT CAN LEAVE THE INSTITUTE PREMISES DURING THE WORKING HOURS WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PASS FROM THE PRINCIPAL OR HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT.
RULES TO BE OBSERVED DURING O.D.C'S
Note: Violation of any of the above rules will result in disciplinary action.
- Students are required to: -
- Report sharp on time to the Hotel/Person concerned, in full F & B uniform & properly groomed.
- Attend class on the next day from the 1st lecture onwards.
- Behave properly and decently during ODC.
- Be sober and disciplined during ODC.
- Bring to the notice of college authority, any problems whatsoever during ODC on the
following working day.
- Students are prohibited from
- Drinking and misbehaving.
- Negotiating nature of Job, timing or money with the Hotel/Person Concerned.
- Smoking during duty.
- Arguing with client/guest or among themselves during duty.
- Consuming anything without permission of the authority concerned.
- Sending substitutes without prior permission from the college authority.
- Going on any ODC's without prior permission from the college authority.
- Going on any ODC without names being on the ODC forms.
- Contacting caterers, restaurants. etc on their own for soliciting ODC's.
- Strict discipline should be maintained in the library
- All bags and belongings should be kept at the place provided in the library.
- The students should submit the requisition form for Issue of books for home reference
- Issue of books for home reference will be done only if there is more than one copy of the
particular book available.
- No books will be issued on someone else borrower's Identity Card.
- Reference books will be issued only on submission of identity Card.
- Second year and third year students will have to refer research project or I.R.T.
report only during research
project time or during their library studies.
- Reading of the newspaper will be done only at the newspaper stand.
- Keep the library clean.